Health CareSomerset’s Health Care Team has great depth of experience and knowledge in the health care industry. We understand that each specialty and each organization is unique, and one size does not fit all.
Lean Six Sigma
Free QAPI Toolkit
About Our Health Care Team
Our solutions-oriented consultants will identify the real issues and problems behind your challenges and will help you set business and financial goals. Our knowledgeable team members will develop practical solutions to help you succeed. Then, we will work to fully implement the solutions in a way that works well within your organization.
We work with single-specialty and multi-specialty physician group clients from two to 80 physicians. Somerset has extensive experience with all types of health care organizations, including ancillary service providers, surgery centers, imaging centers, therapy facilities, infusion centers, dialysis centers, hospitals, health systems and more.
Somerset has a strong specialty in the health care industry and has many dedicated professionals who are passionate about helping their health care clients succeed. Our health care clients have expressed that their Somerset consultants are as much a part of their team as are their employees.
Our Health Care Team principals and senior managers include: Jeff Boomershine, David Burnett, Andy DePew, Steve Diagostino, Steve Dobias, Craig Hittle, Jay Horn, Mike McCaslin, John McClary, Michael Stover and Cathy Weaver.
Many of the practices we consult with have local accounting/tax service providers and legal counsel that are providing traditional CPA services. Our intent is not to disrupt those relationships but rather to work collaboratively with those professionals to provide expertise in the specific consulting/implementation services in the most efficient and effective manner to your organization. Talk with our Health Care Team about how to we can work with you.
While not an all-inclusive list, below is an extensive list of the services we regularly provide to our clients:
Critical Key Services
- ASC consulting/development/operations
- Diagnostic imaging and radiation oncology
- Fair market valuations
- Income distribution planning
- Lean Six Sigma implementation
- Mergers, acquisitions & joint venture analysis and facilitation
- Orthopaedic medical practice and ASC benchmarking
- Payer contract negotiations
- Physician compensation, employment & alignment
- Physician integration and health system integration strategies
- Physician practice operational and revenue cycle assessment & benchmarking
- Real estate development
- Service line co-management
- Strategic planning, governance and succession planning
- Transaction preparedness and due diligence
Hospital and Health Systems Consulting Services
- Correct alignment to physician/health system alignment
- Financial and operational turnarounds & interim management
- Physician alignment strategy
- Physician compensation
- Physician/health system integration strategies
Assurance and Tax Services
- Bookkeeping services
- Business and individual tax planning strategy and preparation
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Financial statements: audits, reviews and compilations
- Internal control reviews
- Sales, use, property and excise tax analysis
- Academic/medical institutions
- Dialysis centers
- Durable medical equipment/home health care companies · Health systems
- Imaging centers
- Medical buildings
- Physician groups
- Surgery centers
Health Care Commentaries Newsletter - Perspectives on the Health Care Industry
Click here to view a list
of our current newsletters.