What happens when the Indianapolis area nonprofit community comes together? A little friendly competition, of course! Somerset CPAs and Advisors is a proud divisional sponsor of this year’s Brackets for Good tournament. Brackets For Good is an Indianapolis, IN based 501(c)3 charitable organization focused on activating new donors and increasing awareness for other nonprofit organizations through competitive, online fundraising at no cost.
Picture the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, but replace your favorite college teams with local nonprofit organizations. Starting with 64 organizations categorized into four divisions, two organizations are matched each week to compete for points. Points are accumulated by encouraging donors to make monetary donations through bracketsforgood.org. Each dollar you donate to your favorite charity equals one point. Whichever organization has the most points at the end of each week will advance to the next round, and hopefully to the final round for the chance to win an ultimate $10,000 donation prize!
This year, Somerset is proud to sponsor these nonprofit organizations in our division:
- Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic
- promoting justice through legal representation and education
- Indianapolis Children’s Choir
- nurturing and inspiring student achievement through quality music education and the pursuit of artistic excellence in choral music performance
- Girls Incorporated of Greater Indianapolis
- empowering girls to be confident in their own skin and prepared for their futures
- Indiana Music Education Association & Foundation
- advancing music education in Indiana by advocating for the best musical interests of all students and by providing quality programs, professional development, and services
- Make-A-Wish Foundation (Indiana Region)
- granting wishes to children battling life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – Indiana
- supporting the development of new drugs to fight the disease, improving the quality of life for those with CF, and ultimately finding a cure
- Indiana Youth Services Association
- advocating for children and families of Indiana by enhancing its members’ ability to implement the core roles of youth advocacy, delinquency prevention, information and referral, and community education
- Joy’s House
- supporting families by providing exceptional adult day services
- St. Joseph Institute for the Deaf – Indianapolis
- committed to listening and spoken language education, spiritual and emotional growth, and personal development of children and young adults who are deaf or hard of hearing, without discrimination
- Southeast Community Services, Inc.
- working together to serve, strengthen and support our neighbors in southeast Indianapolis
- Junior Achievement of Central Indiana
- educating young people in the areas of financial literacy, entrepreneurship and work readiness, and to inspire them to explore and create opportunities, make good decisions and believe in their potential
- Partners in Housing
- providing affordable housing to people who most need a stable place to live, while giving them support and a chance to reach their highest level of self-sufficiency
- Catch the Stars Foundation
- Empowering youth to achieve their dreams by providing goal-setting programs that promote literacy, fitness and mentoring
- Indiana Recycling Coalition
- supporting source reduction, reuse, composting, and recycling activities in Indiana
- Arts for Learning
- empowering children to achieve their creative and intellectual potential through arts in education
- The Arc of Indiana
- committed to all people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) realizing their goals of learning, living, working and fully participating in the community
For a full listing of organizations competing in the 2015 tournament, visit the Brackets for Good website. You can also register yourself to donate and help your favorite charities advance through the tournament.
The competitive giving starts Friday, February 27th. So Indianapolis, let’s get to donating!