All recipients of Provider Relief Fund (PRF) payments must comply with the reporting requirements as set by the Department of Health and Human Services. Below are some highlights:
- Recipients of PRF payments exceeding $10,000 must register in the Provider Relief Fund Reporting Portal. At present, there is no deadline for completing registration in the portal.
- The registration process will take at least 20 minutes to complete and must be completed in one session. You cannot save a partially complete registration. Make sure you have all of the information required to register before you begin.
- After completing registration, providers will be notified when they should re-enter the portal to report on the use of PRF funds. The Health Resources & Services Administration will send an email to the email address you provide during the registration process. The portal is currently only open for registration, not reporting.
- Funds not used/expended in 2020 can be carried forward to 2021 to be used January 1 – June 30, 2021, as of present information.
- Reporting Entities with unused funds after December 31, 2020, must submit a second and final report no later than July 31, 2021 that includes patient care related revenue amounts earned January 1 – June 30, 2021 (Based on current information from the Department of Health and Human Services).
- New/increased expenses incurred in 2020 and/or 2021 compared to 2019 are first to be used against PRF monies (new/increased expenses are to prevent, prepare for and respond to coronavirus). If not done already, make sure to create a separate file of those new/increased expenses.
- New/increased expenses cannot be double dipped against other funds received as part of any CARES Act or other new program developed as part of the pandemic.
- After accounting for new/increased expenses, then lost revenue can be used against PRF monies. However, this is based on year over year comparison 2020 to 2019 or January 2021 to June 2021, to the same period in 2019, or the 2020 budget that was in place and signed off on before March 26, 2020, or another reasonable method that must be explained and likely subject to further scrutiny from auditors or the Department of Health and Human Services.
For more information, view the Provider Relief Fund Reporting User Guide. Please contact your Somerset advisor at 317.472.2200 or with any questions.