File form 1099-Misc for each person to whom you have paid at least $600 during the year for common things like rent, services performed by anyone that is not your employee, prizes, awards, and any payments to attorneys. Form 1096 is used to summarize all calendar year payments. Form 1096 and copies of 1099’s should be sent to the Department of the Treasury no later than February 28, 2015.